What To Consider When Buying Men’s Wedding Rings December 11, 2019 – Posted in: Blog
Women are not the only ones who get overwhelmed and excited about choosing and buying wedding rings. Men do, too. Since you’ll be wearing the ring every day for the rest of your life, you want to be a hundred percent sure about your choice of jewelry. For this reason, men should love the ring, just as much as women do. Otherwise, you’re only going to be uncomfortable with wearing your ring.
Choosing a man’s wedding band should never be an afterthought or haphazard decision. It’s a task that involves a lot of research and consideration.
That said, here are some of the factors to consider when buying men’s wedding rings
Every man has his own set of preferences in terms of style and comfort. So you don’t get overwhelmed with the many ring options available, narrow down your options based on your preference.
The following are some questions to ask yourself to get a clearer picture of what ring you want:
- Do you want a simple wedding ring or one with embellishments?
- What kind of metal color are you most inclined to wear?
- Are you willing to go for bolder and more unique options, such as a black and red tungsten ring?
When you’ve got answers to these questions, you can narrow down your options more effectively. You don’t have to end up confused as to the ring that you’re going to end up with.
Also Read: A Man’s Guide To Wear Studs
2.Width Of The Ring
How wide do you want your ring to be? This choice varies among men. But the general rule is this: If you have slim fingers, a thin ring would be your best option. Conversely, if you have thicker fingers, a wider ring would look better on you. While wider rings tend to be more expensive, the cost will be worth it when you’re happy with the ring. Moreover, you can opt for cheaper metal to offset the more expensive price of a wider ring.
3. Matching Rings? Or Non-Matching Rings?
Many years back, the practice has always been to have matching rings with your spouse. Today, things have changed. While some men still want to wear matching rings, others have now gone a different path by choosing non-matching rings. The latter choice will work for you when you want something entirely different from your partner’s ring. If you and your spouse-to-be have different tastes, then you don’t have to choose matching rings.
Matching rings and non-matching rings both signify positive principles.
Matching rings usually signify:
- That the couple is traditional, and they wish to stick to conventional practices with wedding rings
- That you wish to show the world that you and your wife are now one unit
- That you and your wife have the same taste and preferences
On the other hand, non-matching rings mean:
- That you’re choosing a ring that’s more suited to your individuality
- That you both value freedom of expression as a couple
- That you don’t want to pressure each other into wearing a wedding ring that you don’t love
When you’ve decided whether to get matching or non-matching rings, you can browse through ELGNT Designs Wedding Rings to find weddings rings for every preference.
When shopping for anything, your budget should always be on the top of your list of considerations. Avoid sacrificing your budget or going into debt just to buy a ring that’s outside your price range. As tempting as it might be to go all out, remember that your wedding is the beginning of your life together. You wouldn’t want to go into debt at the beginning of your marriage simply because of a piece of jewelry
Also Read: Planning To Buy New Jewel? Expert Advice On How To Strike Best Deal
5. Metal Choice
Men usually opt for wedding rings that are made of platinum, yellow gold, white gold, or palladium. Here are some of the advantages of each metal type:
- Platinum: This is one of the rarest elements in the world. When turned into jewelry, it’s also one of the most durable materials. What’s more, if you have sensitive skin, this ring material is the best for you because it’s hypoallergenic. It’s also one of the more expensive choices.
- Yellow Gold: Rings made of yellow gold are one of the ideal options that you can choose. This metal gives a warm shade of yellow.
- White Gold: White gold is plated in rhodium. It gives off a white color, similar to that of platinum, but of a lower price.
- Palladium: This metal also belongs to the platinum family, but it’s cheaper than white gold and platinum.
Wedding rings now don’t have to be identical to that of your spouse. Your wedding rings can complement each other—or even entirely different if that’s your choice. The most important thing is that your wedding ring fits comfortably and that it suits your preference.
Just keep the basics in mind. Ideally, a man’s wedding ring should match whatever outfit you’re wearing, be it a day at work, a formal event, or a casual date night. With these tips, choosing a wedding band should now be less difficult.
You Might Also Like:
How To Find Your Partner’s Ring Size Without Them Knowing – 6 Simple Methods
Charles Morgan said, “There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.” The surprise becomes a moment to be treasured for life if it is a proposal with the ultimate question being popped and a ring on the finger. You can’t simply buy your proposal ring by guessing your partner’s ring size. If your guessed it wrong then the surprise can become an embarrassment if the all important ring does not…
How To Get Customized Ring In India – Why You Should Get One
While looking for the right wedding ring, you might find that the rings that jewelry stores are selling seem to look exactly the same. If you are looking for something unique that represents the love you and your partner have for each other. If you don’t want to settle for a generic one, then you should consider custom designed diamond rings also know as personalized rings. There will be lots of discussion with your family,friends and your…
How To Get Name Engraved Rings For Your Wedding/Engagement? – A Perfect Guide
Truth be told, Your “NAME” is the most sweetest sound in any language. Everyone likes their names ( well there are exceptions, of course). The same is the reason people name their “homes” after their own name, the shops’ after their own names, and if not the streets and cities as well based on the popular person in that location. When you’re naming a new hospital, there is always a debate to name it with…