Ambreen Vikhar And 9 Other Pros Give You Tips on Bridal MakeUp April 26, 2016 – Posted in: Blog, Wedding Inspirations
Makeup can make or break your entire look. You need the best professional makeup artist, who will enhance your natural beauty and make you look your absolute best on the most special day of your life.
For all the lovely “to-be- brides”, we know that finding the perfect makeup artist can be a challenging task. To help you with this, our team has come up with a list of the finest professional bridal makeup artists who will make you look like a million bucks on your wedding day. And as a bonus, we have also included some of the best makeup tips and tricks by these artists shared in their social media accounts.
Read on and share your favorite makeup tips with us!
1) Ambreen Vikhar
Known for her fresh and innovative makeup styles, Ambreen Vikhar is the number one choice for fashionistas and brides all over the country. Her forte is bridal makeup. She has lent her expertise in numerous ad campaigns for Cafe Coffee Day, Fast Track, Cadburys to name a few. Ambreen Vikhar has also worked with famous Indian celebrities and stars like Saina Nehwal, Mary Kom, Anoushka Sharma and Neetu Chandra, etc. Her childlike vibrancy and friendly nature make her everyone’s favourite bridal makeup artist!
Pro Makeup Tips from Ambreen Vikhar
- If you have sweaty/oily eyelids, use gel liner and avoid Kajal. The kajal in your eyes tend to smudge a lot and stain the skin as compared to gel liner
- Never use a mascara for more than 3 months since it has the shortest life span as compared to other makeup products
- Remember, it’s easier to add than subtract when it comes to makeup so always use little by little rather than a whole lot at once!
2) Vejetha Anand (Swank Salon)
With more than 10 years of experience, Vejetha Anand is one of the most popular bridal makeup and makeover artist in Bangalore. She has lent her expertise to numerous high profile ad campaigns, fashion shows and celebrity photo shoots.
If you want to look and feel like the most beautiful woman in the world on your wedding day, then you should definitely pick Vejetha Anand!
Pro Makeup Tips from Vejetha Anand (Swank Salon)
- Eyeliner should always be the blackest black to highlight your eyes
- Use more than one eyeshadow to make your eyes pop, create dimension and add an element of drama to your look
- A little bit of blush is all it takes to perfect the blushing bride look
3) Jharna Shah (Jharna Shah Academy & Salon)
The iconic Jharna Shah is guaranteed to make your wedding the most memorable one, as she effortlessly brings out the ‘beauty within you’. Jharna Shah has a team of ambitious and talented bridal makeup artists who can transform brides into stunning beauties.
An avid believer in beauty and its art, Jharna Shah and the artists under her care will not hesitate to pamper the bride on her special day. Her subtle and flawless make-up techniques can turn any girl into an unforgettable bride.
Pro Makeup Tips from Jharna Shah (Jharna Shah Academy &Salon)
- A base coat of foundation helps the color stay on longer and maintains the true lipstick color. Blend a little foundation over your lips before putting on your lipstick. It will create a truly seamless canvas
- If you’re going out for a day in makeup, try using more neutral shades on your eyes such as brown, beige or even a very light pink coupled with eyeliner and mascara to enhance your eyes and a light thin base with a pop of color on your lips
- To get fresh-faced and flawless skin, put foundation all over your face, then use a tissue to wipe it off your cheeks. This makes it easier to layer your blush on without it looking fake
4) Akriti Sachdev (Mesmereyes Makeup)
Akriti Sachdev’s phenomenal style and creativity has gained her a respectable name among the bridal makeup artists in India. This M.A.C certified professional makeup artist was also appointed as the resident makeup blogger for ‘Be Beautiful’ by Hindustan Unilever. She has helped many amateurs by sharing her beauty knowledge and makeup tips and tricks on her YouTube channel – ‘akritisachdev‘.
Her forte is Airbrush Makeup. Akriti Sachdev has also trained with celebrity makeup artists – Vidya Tikari and Cory Walia. True to its name, Mesmereyes Makeup will make every bride look mesmerizing on their wedding day!
Pro Makeup Tips from Akriti Sachdev (Mesmereyes Makeup)
- The right brushes are just as important as the makeup itself. They are your magic wands, to create that flawless, professional look!
- The quickest way to dazzle up your eyes is to add a dash of sparkling glitter on your bare eyelids!
- Mattify your glossy or creamy lipstick by applying a powder blush or compact powder over it
5) Vidya Tarkari
One of the most sought-after makeup artists in India, Vidya Tarkari should definitely be your top choice if you want to have that perfect bridal look.
Vidya has designed beautiful and exquisite looks for numerous Bollywood personalities like Madhuri Dixit, Sushmita Sen, Aishwarya Rai, Deepika Padukone, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Mallika Sherawat, Gul Panag, Yana, Anoushka Shankar, Abhay Deol, etc. Creative and talented, Vidya Tarkari and her team are definitely the saviors of the ‘bride in distress’.
Pro Makeup Tips from Vidya Tikari
- Use a lipstick first and then use a lip stain on top so that it stops the lips from cracking and getting dry Apply bronzer along the jaw line and under the chin as well to hide the double chin.
- Don’t forget to blend the contour for a softer seamless look
- Make your eye makeup last longer by setting your eyeliner with a matching eye shadow
6) Ambika Pillai
Winner of the Vogue Best Makeup Artist Award, Ambika Pillai is able to create a never-before-seen version of you. She and her team will do everything in their power to make your wedding day all the more special. Her experience of working with celebrities has helped her understand the intricacies of the fashion world.
One of the most well-known names in the world of hair & beauty, Ambika Pillai can make your bridal dreams come true with her exceptional skill and talent!
Pro Makeup Tips from Ambika Pillai
- If you are going out in the sun, always opt for a sunscreen that has a lip gloss on top. This will prevent your lips from darkening due to exposure to the sun’s harmful rays
- Either go strong on the eyes or strong on the lips but never do both as it will make you look tacky and gaudy. If you are going for a bold red or dark burgundy lipstick, then go soft on the eyes to balance the look. Similarly, if you prefer a dramatic shade on the eyes, then play up the lips in a lighter tone
- If you want to conceal something on your face, use spot concealer
7) Tamanna Rooz (Tamanna Makeup Studio)
A passionate and dedicated follower of fashion since childhood, Tamanna Rooz has beautified many celebrities all across the nation.
Known for her eclectic and creative makeup skills, Tamanna can transform any woman into a fairy! Ladies, if you want to hire her as your bridal makeup artist, you will have to block your dates well in advance. Such is the demand of this extremely talented makeup artist!
Pro Makeup Tips from Tamanna Rooz (Tamanna Makeup Studio)
- Using cleanser/facewash that will remove dirt, oil and bacteria from your skin will prevent acne and reduce breakouts
- What works for one person may not work for another. So be prepared for some trial and error. Choose cosmetics that does not contain toxic chemicals and dyes
- Indians are blessed with lovely features. Therefore, makeup should only be used to balance and enhance our natural beauty
FB Link: https://www.facebook.com/Tamannamakeupstudio
8) Dimple Bathija
Internationally recognized, Dimple Bathija is a professional makeup artist specializing in bridal makeup. Nothing can make her happier than seeing the bride look her absolute best on the most special day of her life. Trained in London under the guidance of Cory Walia and Annie Shah, Bathija understands the needs and desires of a bride-to- be and works towards designing the most beautiful bridal look.
This renowned makeup artist keeps herself updated with the latest trends & ongoing styles in order to create the trendiest brides in town!
Pro Makeup Tips from Dimple Bathija
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize twice a day – in the morning before you put on makeup, and at night before you go to bed. This will give your skin a chance to heal and breathe overnight. Cleansing is the most effective way of removing dust, dirt and dead layer from your skin
- Exfoliating your face can bring new life to your complexion. Exfoliators whisk away dead skin, leaving it shiny and fresh
- For the enchanting bridal look, go for smokey eyes, add on lashes and mascara and a pop of bright color on the lips!
9) Chandni Singh
Chandni Singh is an extremely talented and creative makeup artist. She highlights your best features and hides your flaws perfectly, making you look like a timeless diva on the D-day. Her belief in her ability can only be matched by her love for makeup.
This professional makeup artist can make any woman look magical with her outstanding makeup skills. Her careful selection of makeup products shows her dedication towards the bride’s look and makeup.
Pro Makeup Tips from Chandni Singh
- Clean your makeup brush by wiping it with tissue paper. Or add a few drops of makeup remover in a clean tissue paper and rub your makeup brush over it
- Always use a concealer on your face for it can hide your dark circles, blemishes, spots, etc.
- If your skin is dry, then your foundation will look extremely patchy. Hence, use a moisturizer that keeps your skin gentle, nourished and well-hydrated!
10) Cherag Bambboat (Magical Makeovers by Cherag Bambboat)
Cherag Bambboat is an internationally recognized makeup artist. He likes to experiment with different textures, structures, shapes and can create magic with colours and brushes.
His dream is to make every woman look like a star. With Cherag Bambboat as your personal makeup stylist, you are sure to receive a barrage of compliments from the onlookers on your special day!
Pro Makeup Tips from Cherag Bambboat
- Use tissue to wipe foundation off your cheeks for a natural finish
- Eyeliners are the most important makeup item. They help in highlighting and defining the eyes
- Get your face makeup ready by applying a good amount of moisturizer